Pages

Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Avery's Disney Party


This past weekend we had Avery's birthday party. My recent trip to Disneyland really inspired me with our theme. Lily had a Minnie Mouse party for her second birthday so I was able to dig out some of the decorations from that party and reuse them, but I did make quite a few things just for this party. I really didn't want it to be centered on one Disney character so it was a mix of a bunch of different Disney stuff. 

I found a lot of ideas on Pinterest, including the character letters below. 



They were pretty easy to make. I bought the cardboard letters at Hobby Lobby and printed the bows and Donald's hat from here

I got the ideas for the mason jars from Etsy. I just used glitter paint on the insides and found some images online to add to a couple. I really like how they turned out. 




The large Mickey picture is actually a puzzle that a friend gave us a while ago, and the Minnie decorations are leftover from Lily's party. 



I bought the pennants for the banner at Hobby Lobby and spray painted them. I found the Disneyland font for free online and added the different character cut outs with mod podge. 





I think her party turned out great! 

Lily has decided she wants a Tangled/Rapunzel party so the planning starts now for that! 


Below are some pics from the rest of the festivities surrounding Avery's Bday. 

The gifts set up for birthday morning. 




She really likes the basketball hoop. I had to order the pink from Toys r us. 


Grammy and Pop Pop got her a playhouse. She really loves it. 


Blowing out her candles on her actual bday with a little help from sis. 


We got Ave this trampoline for her first birthday. She has really started enjoying this Spring. 


and a couple of candid shots from the party. 


Her cupcake. 



She was interested in opening the first present but then got a little distracted. 



She had an awesome birthday. Thank you to everyone who helped us celebrate!

post signature

2 comments:

  1. SUPER CUTE party!!! I love all the food table decor and the watermelon pops! Looks like she had a fun party :)

    ReplyDelete