Pages

Wednesday, June 12, 2013

BBQ Chili Pasta


If you are looking for yummy summer pasta dish I have one for you! I found this recipe online a couple years ago. I just have the paper copy I wrote down, so I have no idea who to credit for this recipe. If this is yours, please let me know!


BBQ Chili Pasta

Ingredients: 

1 (8oz.) Package of rotini pasta (I used macaroni since that was what I had on hand)
1 tbl. olive oil
1 small onion, chopped
8 ounces ground turkey (I usually just use the whole package)
1 8 ounce can of tomato sauce
1 green bell pepper, chopped
1 15oz. can of corn (you could also use frozen)
1 tbl. chili powder
1 tbl. dried oregano
1/2 tsp. salt
3/4 cup barbecue sauce

1. In a large pot cook pasta to al dente, drain.

2. In a large non-stick skillet heat oil over medium heat. Add onion and bell pepper and cook until softened. Add ground turkey and cook through. Stir in chili powder, dried oregano, salt, corn, tomato sauce and BBQ sauce. Bring mixture to a boil. Reduce heat to medium and let simmer until slightly thickened, about 3 to 4 minutes. 

3. In a large serving bowl, combine turkey mixture with pasta and serve immediately. 



This is a perfect weekday meal or addition to any cook out. 
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment